Buying TutorDollars is simple. From your dashboard on the left panel menu go to “Tutor Dollars”, click on Add Tutor Dollars. Enter the amount you’d like to add, select the payment preference (PayPal or Stripe) and click Pay Now to proceed. For PayPal login details will be requested and for Stripe it’ll request your card details.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows Vista/7/8/10
- iPad (any version) running iOS 4.0 or later
- Android tablet running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or later with microphone and LARGE or XLARGE screen
- Mac OSX 10.6.8 or later, Intel CPU
- Chrome OS (Chromebooks)
The HTML5 client should run on any browser that fully supports HTML5 (currently, Chrome and Firefox on all devices except for iPad). Edge and Opera should work with all features except desktop sharing.
In order to use video or desktop sharing, all users require a minimum of 256kbps of both upload and download bandwidth, but for optimal performance we recommend 1024kbps download speed and 512kbps upload if using desktop sharing and/or video. Check your bandwidth here.
Any browser which supports HTML5 features will work with MyTutorConnect. However some browsers do not support all HTML5 features.
- Chrome: all features supported
- Firefox: all features except drag+drop from another website (you can only drag+drop or copy/paste from your desktop)
- Opera: all features except screen sharing
- Edge: all features except screen sharing and drag+drop
- Safari: you must install X11 and the MyTutorConnect plugin.
- Internet Explorer: only supported for Windows (not Mac). In order to use Internet Explorer, you must have permission to download and script signed activex controls (this is the default security setting). If you have changed the default security level in Internet Explorer you will either need to add www.mytutorconnect.com to your “trusted sites”, or you will need to click on “custom level” and ensure that “download signed activex controls” is set to “prompt” and “run activex controls and plugins” is set to “enable” and “script activex controls marked as safe for scripting” is set to “enable”.
1Ghz CPU (but 2Ghz with dual-core CPU recommended for optimal performance when using desktop sharing), with 512MB RAM.
For audio: users must have a headset.
For video: users must have a webcam (including built-in webcams).
There is no fee, commission, or cost to connect with tutors and industry professionals on our website.
TutorDollars is a form of currency that is used in all website transactions on MyTutorConnect. 1 TutorDollar is equivalent to 1 US Dollar. Tutordollars are used to book lessons and purchase services through our website.
For Academic tutoring Sessions: After the session is complete, from your dashboard click on “Public” or “Private” request. Click on “close post”, then click on “Give Rating”.
For Ask a Question/Consulting Sessions: click on “The Solution Center”, then click on “Completed Requests”, then click on “Give Rating”.
For Services Rendered: click on “The Service Portal”, then click on “Completed Requests”, then click on “Give Rating”.
MyTutorConnect offers an array of lessons and services across a spectrum of specialized disciplines.You can view all of our subject and services areas by clicking on the “Browse Lessons/Services” tab.
You may request services from your dashboard by clicking on “Request Services”, “Ask a question/request consulting session”, or “Request a Tutor. This allows you to select the subject/service that you need assistance with, in which you can then send a message to all service pros on our roster who specialize in that subject/service, to let them know what you would like assistance.
Should you not be satisfied with services rendered by a service provider, you will have the ability to request a refund.
If both parties involved cannot come to a decision, then you can create a dispute. In which, our support team will get involved to make a determination. Refunds are concluded with clients getting credits/Tutor Dollars back to their account.
General communication between a student and tutor is mainly seen in your dashboard under “Messages”.
Your dashboard is accessible by clicking on your name on the top right and your menu options will be on the left panel.
Yes you will be able to have a full overview of your account & your account activities via your dashboard. You can do the following from your dashboard:
– Find Service Pro’s(Search for Service Providers)
– Request A Tutor
– Watch List (for saving your favorite service providers for future viewing)
– Chart of My Leads (shows an overview of your Requests/Inquiries)
– My Service Pro’s (Quick view of the Watch List)